April 15, 2011

Memory #15

Family Parties
I really think I have the best family.  The times that we have all spent together are some of the best times of my life.  We have had many many parties and have so much fun together.  These are a few of the parties that happened during my twenties.  There were more, but these are what I have pictures of at the moment.  I thank God every day for letting me be born into this family.  I love them!

Grandma and Grandpa's 55th Anniversary Party
Western Theme

Grandma and Grandpa's Birthday
Grandma's 75th and Grandpa's 80th
Hawaiian Theme
For this party, the grandkids spent a long time preparing a skit for Grandma and Grandpa that went through different stories about them throughout their lives.  Each little story had some narration, but ended with clips from different songs that went with that particular story.  It was SO MUCH FUN!  There is a video of this skit somewhere too, so I will have to post that one as well when we find it.
This scene was a story from when Grandpa was a kid.  He and some friends hid behind gravestones at night in a graveyard and scared people.  We made gravestones and acted it out, then all the grandkids did the thriller dance.
Amy, Kristina, and I were backup dancers for the Candy Man song.  This skit told the story of Aunt Karen throwing rocks at Aunt Betty.  She then hid in a closet to avoid getting in trouble.  Grandpa bribed her with a candy bar to come out.
Amy is acting out Aunt Sandy in this scene.  She always got to sit in the front seat of the car because of car sickness, much to the dismay of the other 7 kids in the family.  Amy was the perfect one to play this role because she too always claimed sickness to get to sit in the front.
Grandma and Grandpa in their older age.

There are so many more pictures, but they have to be recovered from an external harddrive.  This skit deserves a post of its very own, so when I get the rest of the pictures and the video, I am going to have to do a whole new post of it.

Grandma and Grandpa's 60th Anniversary Party

We had Hilmerson Photography come take pictures for this party, so all these pictures are courtesy of them.
Grandpa was always an entertainer.
I miss him every day.
The whole family:
The grandkids (and great grandkids):
We made a slideshow of pictures from throughout Grandma and Grandpa's lives for this party.  It was such a cool thing, and they both loved it.
This is the slideshow.  It is about 30 minutes long, so I do not expect everyone to watch it.  I am putting it on here more for the sake of my family so that they have a place they can watch it when they want to.  It was originally supposed to be to music, but we ran into some technical difficulties, and because of our procrastination problems, did not have time to get that part figured out before the party.  We just played music on a stereo instead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wish List Item Today
Source: World Market

Amy and I saw this when we were shopping at Cost Plus last week.  I would not mind having one of these in my backyard (or two or three).


No comments:

Post a Comment