You can read a little more about it here.
There are lots of statistics when it comes to orphans and adoption, but the one that is the most mind blowing to me is that if just 7% of Christians adopted, there would be no orphans. SEVEN PERCENT!
That is such a small number. And for a people who are called specifically throughout the Bible to care for orphans, it's unacceptable that there is even an orphan crisis in our world.
Not everyone can or will adopt, but I am willing to bet that if Christians everywhere took the time to prayerfully consider it, there would be at least 7 percent that felt God pulling them to it. And, as for the other 93%, think about what they could do to support the 7 percent. They aren't off the hook. None of us are. God did not say to his people, help the orphans if you're called. He called his people to help the orphans.
This is a spiritual battle, and it's one God wants us to fight. These are precious lives, and they are worth fighting for.