April 22, 2014

Easter Recap

This Easter was extra special for a couple reasons.  First of all, because this year we had Silas with us.  For the last four Easters, I have been telling myself, "For sure, next Easter you will have a baby." Well my Easter with a baby finally came, and it was so nice to experience the joy of Easter holding him in my arms, without the heaviness of infertility weighing down my soul.  But, ALSO, it was special because it was my birthday. Nick and I exchanged Easter "baskets" early in the morning before he had to head out to help put together the grand event at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. Nick knows my love language...Reese's Peanut Butter eggs. Silas and I, along with 2 of my sisters, my future brother-in-law, and my nephew all met Nick at church for the 9:00 service.  He even got to sit with us until he had to head down to start baptizing people.


We had fun in the photo booth after the service....


We spent a little bit of time at my grandma's house after church, but all of our phones were dead, so we didn't get pictures there (sad face). We came home and gave Silas an Easter basket filled with beach toys. The Easter Bunny kind of sucked this year and scrounged up some presents that Silas has already played with to put something together for him (sounds a lot like Santa). Next year he will do better, I am sure.


                                                            And then, I got to open my birthday present....
I am so excited for this! Now I just have to learn how to use it.
But, more than anything, I am thankful for a savior who lives.
Happy Easter to all!

follow: Facebook / Bloglovin' / Instagram / Pinterest


3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter and Happy birthday. I think it's great that you give Silas gifts that he already owns. It's not like he'll know the difference and there's always so much emphasis on spending money, which is totally not the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see his teeth in the last photo booth picture!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Expectation you're making some extraordinary memories observing Easter. May all your friends and family be there with you to share the sentiments of adoration and satisfaction.
    happy easter gif
    happy easter Quotes
    happy easter wishes
    happy easter messages

    On this uncommon day, I'd prefer to wish my old buddy a lovely family time at the happy table. May shared love, thankfulness, and acknowledgment make a great climate on Easter.

    ReplyDelete