I thought I would do a post about some of our favorite baby items so far in Silas's first 7 months. I'm not including any of the essentials, like a stroller and a car seat. (But, if you are looking for a recommendation, I love mine!) These are just some items that we have found very useful.
1) Evenflo Johnny Jump Up Doorway Jumper--This is probably the favorite for all of us. Silas loves his jumper. And, when I am rushing around in the morning trying to get ready, I love it too. Nothing can keep him occupied longer than jumping around in this thing.
2) VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker--This one goes right along with #1 for Silas. He is not walking yet, so he doesn't use this as a walker, but he LOVES playing with this while he is in his jumper. He can reach everything easily that way. There are a lot of fun features on it, and it teaches colors, shapes and numbers. We set it in front of him, and he plays to his hearts content.
3) myBaby Soundspa Lullaby Sound Machine and Projector--This is great for nap time and nighttime. There are 3 different lullabies and 3 different sounds (ocean, rain and heartbeat) plus 3 different projections. Silas loves to watch the different projections on the ceiling, and the music and sounds are soothing for him and for us. (We have this travel one too, so at night, we usually have one in the nursery with Silas and one on in our room too.)
4) Cuisinart Baby Food Maker and Bottle Warmer--This thing has come in handy from day one. We used it as a bottle warmer for a while, until we realized that Silas doesn't really care what temperature his bottle is, he just wants it NOW! But, now we are using it as a baby food maker, and it is so great! It steams and purees all in the same bowl, making the whole process fast and the clean up super easy. I am loving making baby food thanks to this handy appliance.
5) WubbaNub--You can get this cute little pacifier with just about any animal you want. We got this particular one because it looks like our Belle, and I am always on the lookout for things that remind us of her. (Silas also has the giraffe.) Aside from the cute factor, these pacifiers are very functional. Silas has been able to grab ahold of the stuffed animal since birth, so it helped him get the pacifier back in his mouth if he lost it. They are also great in the car, because if you have to reach back to put the pacifier back in baby's mouth, it's easy to find.
6) Infantino Squeeze Station--We just started using this, and I am having so much fun with it. After we've made the baby food in our food maker (see #4), I use this little mechanism to get the baby food into pouches. This is so much cheaper than buying the already made pouches in the store, and Silas prefers these pouches over eating from a spoon. To go along with it, I also have this and this.
7) Sakura Bloom Pure Baby Sling--I love this and am so sad that it is getting very little use these days. I used it almost daily when Silas was still small enough to not kill my back. He got way too heavy way too fast. (Why do they have to grow up?) There are some alternative ways to wear this for older children though that I want to try, because it is so cute, and I am just not ready to put it away yet.
8) Mixie Formula-Mixing Baby Bottle--This has been a life saver for us. For anyone using formula, I cannot recommend this bottle enough! These are a bit too expensive for us to use for all of our bottles, but we have 2 of these for our nighttime bottles. At 2 am, it is so much easier to just be able to push the tab on the bottom of the bottle, shake it up and pop it in baby's mouth. No making bottles in the middle of the night….yay! They are also great for when you are out and about.
9) Inglesina Fast Table Chair--My aunt just got this for us, and it's been fabulous. We pop it onto the overhang of our kitchen counter, and Silas will hang out, happily dangling his feet while we work in the kitchen. It's also great to take with us anytime we are traveling or going to someone else's house.
Just for fun, I thought I would include a few pictures of Silas using some of the items from our favorites.
So there you have it. Our favorite baby items. What are some of your favorite items for baby? I'd love to know!