December 19, 2009

Four Years Ago

Four years ago (well, it was actually four years ago on Wednesday), Nick was busy working on this...

I was busy having a Christmas party in my classroom for our last day of school before the break, unaware of what was going on.  He came and picked me up after school, and we headed down to my parents house to decorate the Christmas tree...or so I thought.  When we got there, my parents were not home yet, so Nick suggested that we go for a walk in the hills while we waited for them to get home.  When we had walked a little ways, we saw some light ahead of us on the path.  At this point it was dark, and no one was ever up on this trail after dark.  I wanted to turn around, but Nick wanted to keep going and see what it was.  So, I nervously kept walking.  A bit later, we walked up and saw this...
I suddenly knew what was happening.  But, Nick said to keep walking.  So, we walked some more until we came to this....
(minus Joe)



Then Nick proposed, and I said yes, as you already know.

Our friends came up after to see the whole set up and celebrate with us for a little while.  Then we cleaned it all up and headed back to my parents to have a little party.  We did not decorate the tree.

Some of Nick's helpers...

Joe and Joel showed him how it's done.

Well, that was fun to relive.  I haven't looked at those pictures in a while.  Nick really did an amazing job.  He's the best!

And, for your enjoyment, here are a few engagement pictures.

Okay, so this was an incredibly long post, and most of you probably already knew that story, so I am done.  This long post can make up for the fact that I have not posted all week. i will try to be better.



engagement photos taken by hilmerson photography.


3 comments:

  1. and then on the way down the hill kim fell in a hole...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO enjoyed walking down Memory Lane with you, Mindy! I had never heard or seen those creative details! Nick is amazing! SO romantic! OXOX....

    ReplyDelete